We want Snapchatters to have fun and to be safe, and those goals drive our Advertising Policies. Advertisers must be honest about the products or services their adverts promote; they must avoid content that misleads or offends; and they must never compromise our users’ privacy. These Advertising Policies apply to all adverts on Snapchat and any other Snap products or services.
Advertisers must comply with Snap's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, and all other Snap policies governing the use of our products or services. We may update our terms, policies and guidelines from time to time, so please review them regularly.
Our user base includes teenagers (as young as 13), people in their 90s and everyone in between. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads are suitable for Snapchatters aged 13+ (or the age group at which the ads are targeted) in each geographic area where the ads will run. They're also responsible for ensuring that their ads comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules and regulations in each geographic area where the ads will run. All disclosures in ads must be clear and conspicuous.
All ads are subject to our review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad at our sole discretion for any reason. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any ad and to require factual substantiation for any claim made in an advert.
Ads must not infringe on the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, copyright or other legal rights of any person or entity. And they must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, defamatory or deceptive.
The following advertising content is prohibited:
- Content that promotes Snapping while driving or otherwise encourages dangerous behaviour;
- Content that demeans, degrades, or shows hate towards a particular race, gender, culture, country, belief, or towards any member of a protected class;
- Content that exploits an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated;
- Content depicting nudity, sexual behaviour or obscene gestures;
- Content depicting drug use;
- Content depicting excessive violence, including the harming of animals;
- Shocking, sensational or disrespectful content;
- Deceptive, false or misleading content including deceptive claims, offers or business practices;
- Content that directs users to phishing links, malware or similarly harmful codes or sites; and
- Content that deceives users into providing personal information without their knowledge, under false pretences or to companies that resell, trade or otherwise misuse that personal information.
Adverts for the following products and services are prohibited:
- Adult products and services (other than contraceptives; see below);
- Cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco and other tobacco products;
- Products or services that bypass copyright protection, such as software or cable signal descramblers;
- Products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods or engaging in copyright piracy;
- Get-rich-quick or pyramid schemes or offers or any other deceptive or fraudulent offers;
- Illegal or recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Counterfeit, fake or bootleg products or replicas or imitations of designer products;
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition or accessories;
- Adverts that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips;
- Ads targeted at countries subject to US trade sanctions and other US export control laws; and
- Any illegal conduct, product or enterprise.
Adverts in the following categories are restricted and require approval on a case-by-case basis:
- Adverts that promote or reference alcohol;
- Adverts for online dating services;
- Adverts for gambling and games of skill;
- Adverts for lotteries;
- Adverts for financial services;
- Adverts for contraceptives;
- Adverts for online pharmacies or pharmaceuticals;
- Political adverts are subject to Snapchat's Political Advertising Guidelines; and
- Adverts promoting dietary and herbal supplements.
Testimonials and Endorsements
Any testimonials and endorsements contained in ads or in a Snapchat account must comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules and regulations. For example, a clear and conspicuous disclaimer is required if an endorser's results were atypical or if the endorser was paid.
Advert Display & Quality
All adverts to be displayed on Snapchat must be full-screen video adverts that display vertically in portrait mode. All adverts must be of the highest quality and meet the highest editorial standards.
Our users may share ads with other users on Snapchat or save ads to their devices. They may use any of the tools and features we make available in Snapchat to apply captions, drawings, Filters or other creative elements to the advert. Age-targeted ads can be shared in Snapchat with Snapchatters of any age. To find out if you can restrict ad sharing and ad saving for your ads in Snapchat, please contact your account representative or visit our Business Help Centre.
We may, at our sole discretion, choose to apply an “ADVERT”, “Sponsored” or other label to video adverts, Geofilters, advertiser lenses and any other advertising products or placements.
Further technical details are available on request.
As we say in our Terms of Service, if you use a service, feature or functionality that is operated by a third party and made available through our Services (including Services we offer jointly with the third party), each party’s terms will govern the respective party’s relationship with you. Neither Snap Inc. nor its affiliates are responsible or liable for a third party’s terms or actions taken under the third party’s terms. We may share information related to adverts with third parties, including: (a) our media partners when your adverts run in content related to that media partner; and (b) third parties whose products or services you’ve chosen to use in connection with the adverts.