Snap Inc. Advertising Policies
We want Snapchatters to have fun and to be safe, and these goals drive our Advertising Policies. Advertisers must be honest about the products or services their adverts promote. They must avoid content that misleads or offends and they must never compromise our users' privacy. These Advertising Policies apply to all adverts on Snapchat or any other Snap Inc. product or service.
Advertisers must comply with Snap Inc.'s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, and all other Snap Inc. policies governing the use of our products or services. We may update our terms, policies and guidelines from time to time, so please review them regularly.
Our user base includes teenagers (as young as 13), people in their 90s and everyone in between. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their adverts are suitable for Snapchatters aged 13+ (or the age group at which the adverts are targeted) in each geographic area where the adverts will run. They're also responsible for ensuring that their adverts comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules and regulations in each geographic area where the adverts will run. All disclosures in adverts must be clear and conspicuous.
All adverts are subject to our review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any advert at our sole discretion for any reason. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any advert and to require factual substantiation for any claim made in an advert.
Ads must not infringe on the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, copyright or other legal rights of any person or entity. And they must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, defamatory or deceptive.
The following ad content is prohibited:
- Content that promotes Snapping while driving or otherwise encourages dangerous behavior;
- Content that demeans, degrades, or shows hate towards a particular race, gender, culture, country, belief, or towards any member of a protected class;
- Content that exploits an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated;
- Content depicting nudity, sexual behaviour or obscene gestures;
- Content depicting drug use;
- Content depicting excessive violence including the harming of animals;
- Shocking, sensational or disrespectful content;
- Deceptive, false or misleading content including deceptive claims, offers or business practices;
- Content that directs users to phishing links, malware or similarly harmful codes or sites; and
- Content that deceives users into providing personal information without their knowledge, under false pretences or to companies that resell, trade or otherwise misuse that personal information.
Ads for the following products and services are prohibited:
- Adult products and services (other than contraceptives; see below);
- Cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco and other tobacco products;
- Products or services that bypass copyright protection such as software or cable signal descramblers;
- Products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods or engaging in copyright piracy;
- Get-rich-quick or pyramid schemes or offers or any other deceptive or fraudulent offers;
- Illegal or recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Counterfeit, fake or bootleg products or replicas or imitations of designer products;
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition or accessories;
- Adverts that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips;
- Adverts targeted at countries subject to US trade sanctions and other US export control laws; and
- Any illegal conduct, product or enterprise.
Ads in the following categories are restricted and require approval on a case-by-case basis:
- Ads that promote or reference alcohol;
- Ads for online dating services;
- Ads for gambling and games of skill;
- Ads for lotteries;
- Ads for financial services;
- Ads for contraceptives;
- Ads for online pharmacies or pharmaceuticals;
- Political ads, which are currently allowed only in the United States and are subject to Snapchat's Political Advertising Policies; and
- Ads promoting dietary and herbal supplements.
Testimonials and endorsements
Any testimonials and endorsements contained in ads or in a Snapchat account must comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules and regulations. For example, a clear and conspicuous disclaimer is required if an endorser's results were atypical or if the endorser was paid.
Quality and content
All adverts to be displayed on Snapchat must be full-screen video adverts that display vertically in portrait mode . All adverts must be of the highest quality and meet the highest editorial standards.
We may, at our sole discretion, choose to apply an "ADVERT" or "Sponsored" label to video adverts, Geofilters, advertiser lenses and any other advertising products or placements.
Further technical details are available on request.