Snap Partner Summit | New Snap Originals
Today we’re excited to announce our new schedule of Snap Originals programming!
These shows include docu-series, scripted programmes, comedies and teen dramas – but they all have one thing in common. It’s not just the shows that are original; it’s the way the stories are told.
They’re personal, intimate and made for the way you use your phone today.
- In Two Sides from New Form, a young couple navigates a breakup – told from both characters’ points of view at the same time.
- Can’t Talk Now from New Form is a teen soap that takes place inside the phones of a few high school BFFs.
- In Sneakerheads from Indigo, we’ll follow the misadventures of 3 students as they navigate the crazy, shady and mercurial world of Los Angeles sneaker culture.
- In Commanders from Dakota Pictures, 2 high school outcasts discover a retro computer with a mysterious code that can alter real life.
- Denton’s Death Date from Insurrection Media centres on Denton Little: a high school student whose death date is only a week away.
- While Black from Indigo is a docu-series that explores racially charged social issues through disarmingly candid conversations led by author, film-maker, recording artist and educator MK Asante.
- BuzzFeed’s upcoming daily afternoon show will bring viewers the latest celebrity, entertainment and sheer OMG moments blowing up the Internet.
- In Dead of Night from Bazelevs, a teenage girl must escape a quarantined city full of zombies armed with only her phone.
- Compton Dreams from October Films is a docu-series following the highs and lows of 3 up-and-coming artists from Compton.
- In Stranded with Sam and Colby from Bunim/Murray, 2 paranormal investigators go off-grid into a cursed Pennsylvania town.
We’re so grateful to our partners for joining us to shape the future of mobile storytelling. And we’re happy to report that the new format we’re building together is working!
Over the last year alone, the time Snapchatters spent watching shows has nearly tripled1. Endless Summer was a hit, reaching over 28 million unique viewers during its first season2. And with The Dead Girls Detective Agency, over 40% of viewers that completed the first episode went on to watch the entire first season3. Both of these Snap Originals, and also Deep Creek, have been renewed and will be back this summer!
With Snap Originals, we’re creating amazing shows that can be experienced almost anywhere. We can’t wait to launch these new series and more in the coming months! Learn more about the upcoming Snap Originals here.
Enjoy the shows!
1Snap Inc. internal data Q4 2017 average vs. Q4 2018 average
2Snap Inc. internal data 01/10/18-22/03/19
3Snap Inc. internal data Q4 2018