We want Snapchatters to have fun and to be safe, and those goals drive our Advertising Policies. Advertisers must be honest about the products or services their ads promote; they must avoid content that misleads or offends; and they must never compromise our users' privacy. These Advertising Policies apply to all ads on Snapchat and any other Snap products or services.
Advertisers must comply with Snap's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, and all other Snap policies governing the use of our products or services. We may update our terms, policies, and guidelines from time to time, so please review them regularly.
Our user base includes teenagers (as young as 13), nonagenarians, and everyone in between. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their ads are suitable for Snapchatters ages 13+ (or the age to which the ads are targeted) in each geographic area where the ads will run. They're also responsible for ensuring that their ads comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules, and regulations in each geographic area where the ads will run. All disclosures in ads must be clear and conspicuous.
All ads are subject to our review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad in our sole discretion for any reason. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any ad, and to require factual substantiation for any claim made in an ad.
Ads must not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, copyright, or other legal rights of any person or entity. And they must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, defamatory, or deceptive.
The following ad content is prohibited:
- Content that promotes Snapping and driving, or otherwise encourages dangerous behavior;
- Content that demeans, degrades, or shows hate toward a particular race, gender, culture, country, belief, or toward any member of a protected class;
- Content that exploits an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated;
- Content depicting nudity, sexual behavior, or obscene gestures;
- Content depicting drug use;
- Content depicting excessive violence, including the harming of animals;
- Shocking, sensational, or disrespectful content;
- Deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices;
- Content that directs users to phishing links, malware, or similarly harmful codes or sites; and
- Content that deceives users into providing personal information without their knowledge, under false pretenses, or to companies that resell, trade, or otherwise misuse that personal information.
Ads for the following products and services are prohibited:
- Adult products and services (other than contraceptives; see below);
- Cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco products;
- Products or services that bypass copyright protection, such as software or cable signal descramblers;
- Products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit goods or engaging in copyright piracy;
- Get-rich-quick or pyramid schemes or offers or any other deceptive or fraudulent offers;
- Illegal or recreational drugs or drug paraphernalia;
- Counterfeit, fake or bootleg products, or replicas or imitations of designer products;
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, or accessories;
- Ads that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips;
- Ads targeted to countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions and other U.S. export control laws; and
- Any illegal conduct, product, or enterprise.
Ads in the following categories are restricted and require approval on a case-by-case basis:
- Ads that promote or reference alcohol;
- Ads for online dating services;
- Ads for gambling and games of skill;
- Ads for lotteries;
- Ads for financial services;
- Ads for contraceptives;
- Ads for online pharmacies or pharmaceuticals;
- Political ads are subject to Snapchat's Political Advertising Guidelines; and
- Ads promoting dietary and herbal supplements.
Testimonials & Endorsements
Any testimonials and endorsements contained in ads or in a Snapchat account must comply with all applicable laws, industry codes, rules, and regulations. For example, a clear and conspicuous disclaimer is required if an endorser's results were atypical or if the endorser was paid.
Ad Display & Quality
All ads to be displayed on Snapchat must be full-screen video ads that display vertically in portrait mode. All ads must be of the highest quality and meet the highest editorial standards.
Our users may share ads with other users on Snapchat or save ads to their devices. They may use any of the tools and features we make available in Snapchat to apply captions, drawings, filters, or other creative elements to the ad. Age-targeted ads can be shared within Snapchat with Snapchatters of any age. To find out if you can restrict ad sharing and ad saving for your ads within Snapchat, please contact your account representative or visit our Business Help Center.
We may, in our sole discretion, choose to apply an "AD," or "Sponsored," or other label to video ads, geofilters, advertiser lenses, and any other ad products or placements.
Further technical details are available on request.
As we say in our Terms of Service, if you use a service, feature, or functionality that is operated by a third party and made available through our Services (including Services we jointly offer with the third party), each party’s terms will govern the respective party’s relationship with you. Neither Snap Inc. nor its affiliates are responsible or liable for a third party’s terms or actions taken under the third party’s terms. We may share information related to ads with third parties, including: (a) our media partners when your ads run in content related to that media partner; and (b) third parties whose products or services you’ve elected to use in connection with the ads.