PUBLIC CONTENT DISPLAY TERMS
TERMS OF SERVICE REMINDER AND ARBITRATION NOTICE: AS A REMINDER TO OUR USERS THAT LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES AND BUSINESSES LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, OUR TERMS OF SERVICE, WHICH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS: INDEMNITY, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND ARBITRATION, CLASS-ACTION, AND JURY WAIVER, APPLY TO AND ARE INCORPORATED INTO THESE PUBLIC CONTENT DISPLAY TERMS. THIS MEANS THAT, AMONG OTHER THINGS, EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES MENTIONED IN OUR TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU AND SNAP AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU AND SNAP WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
Snap grants you a personal, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to (a) use the Embed on a website or mobile application in order to distribute Public Content (which is defined in our Terms of Service) and (b) display the Snapchat name and logo, solely to attribute the Snapchat application as the source of the Embed.
All rights not expressly granted to you in this section are reserved by Snap. Nothing in these Terms grants you an implied license of any kind.
2. General Terms
By using the Embed, you will be able to display Public Content outside of the Snapchat application. While we provide this feature so that members of our community (including you) can share Public Content to a broader audience, you must comply with the following while using it:
- Always use the Embed and display Public Content in compliance with any branding or attribution requirements that we provide, including the Snapchat Brand Guidelines.
- As a reminder, your use of the Embed is still a use of Snapchat and must comply with our Community Guidelines.
- The license we’ve granted you in these Public Content Display Terms does not include a license to the third party intellectual property or other proprietary rights that may be included in Public Content. You agree to obtain all necessary rights, permissions, and licenses before you use and distribute the Public Content on a website, or mobile application using the Embed.
- Always comply with any requirements or restrictions imposed on the use of Public Content by us or any other owner of the Public Content.
- Promptly remove any Public Content and the related Embed that we — or the owner of the Public Content, if that isn’t us — ask you to remove.
- Don’t use Public Content in any advertisement or advertising product without the explicit permission from the owner of the Public Content.
- Don’t use the Embed or Public Content to imply sponsorship by, endorsement from, or a false association with Snap, any of its users, or third party content providers.
- Don’t collect data related to the Embed or Public Content or the Snapchat application in a manner that violates the Terms.
- Always use the Embed and display Public Content in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Don’t use the Embed or Public Content on a website, or mobile application with terms that conflict with the Terms.
- Don’t use the Embed or Public Content in a way that indicates it is from a social platform or medium other than the Snapchat application.
- Don’t use the Embed or Public Content to replicate or compete with the Snapchat application.
3. Content Appropriateness
In addition to the disclaimers included in any of our other Terms, by displaying Public Content on a website, or mobile application, you understand that Public Content is created by our users and may not be appropriate for all audiences or ages. As such, you agree that Snap is not liable for any claims based on or arising from Public Content.